
So I've started. 365 days of fast food freedom. Why am I doing this? Well there are too many beneficial reasons, but just to start;
We are careless with our health. And we are not conscience of the things we put into our bodies half the time. I want to creat a new awareness of the things I put into my body. Our bodys digestive...and well all the other systems are very complicated things. Obviously our engineering was done by someone phenominal (that someone being God) and it really it quite beautiful. He designed us to be beautiful, and when I say beautiful I do not mean only on the outside. If you new all the biological mechnisms involved inside of us at any given time in any given location of our body, that is really beautiful too. When we put processed deep fried (and this is all I can think of to call it but I am sure they orgins of these foods are disturing) into our bodies it really can make our insides ugly.
Ok, so I probably sound like a raving lunitic right now, talking about how beautiful cell division and intestinal digestion can be. I just want to take the right step into maintaining a healthy life and I believe this is a good step.
Now, the rules. Well Obviously NO FAST FOOD!
For a whole year.
No McDonalds, Arbys, Wendys, Burger King, and all the 100's of chains tht are out there.

Now I would love if people would take up this challenge with me. Maybe you can just start on the day I started on. Or bend my rules a little bit and keep one fast food place in your list. But I am going to the whole thing.
Today wasn't hard becuase I just went to school and came home. Today did not pose any challenges.
There is so much I want to say about this. About our human desire for food, how much we pay and sacrafice for convienence! How truely lethal a poor diet can be, not only for our physical health but for our mental health. I want to get into the mechinisms in the brain that accept and streghten our addictions. How we can regain power over our lives and in turn so many other aspects of our life will fall into place.
Have you ever wanted a cheesburger...and just couldn't fight the urge?? What is that? That urge? That uncontrolable "thing" that drives to do things that it seems like we cannot even control. Now, the truth is we can control it but it is not easy. Now think of other aspects in our lives that we feel like we cannot control or we feel helpless. I know if I can fight my fast food urge (which had no power over me today) for a whole year I know it will benefit other areas of my life. So thats day 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment